[PROGRAMMING] 8 Week Hypertrophy Cycle
Starting June 5th we will be having a week of testing some of the Athletes main lifts. For example…
And a few more!
As always these will be TECHNIQUE 1RM TESTS
No going crazy and trying to destroy yourself for 5 extra lbs…
But why are we doing this? Well on June 12th we will be starting an 8 Week Hypertrophy Cycle!
SO MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING IN FOR YOUR SESSIONS NEXT WEEK!
WE WANT TO HAVE GREAT BASELINES FOR YOU TO RE-TEST IN 8 WEEKS.
Why an 8 Week Hypertrophy Cycle?
- To increase lean body massThat’s a no brainier right there! Everyone wants that…
- To Increase your metabolismMuscle tissue requires energy. The more muscle you have the more calories you will burn throughout your day simply to run your body.
So again..more muscle, more calories burned daily which means a leaner body composition.
- To attack weaknesses and imbalances
We will utilize A LOT of dumbbell work which unlike barbell heavy training does not allow imbalances to be fostered.Many times in Crossfit the workout is done as fast as possible and the result is usually earl onset fatigue, and sloppy movement. Much of that is due to a lack of strength.
This cycle will help you shore up side to side weakness and imbalance.
- To increase tendon strength and muscle density and make you stronger at every joint
- If you are not strong, tenacity will not carry you very far in workouts.No matter how much heart of will you have if you are not strong enough to move the weight or move your body your workout is over or your progress stalls indefinitely.
Once you start building strength your tenacity will merge with your strength to create a formidable athlete.
Easy Example: Those of you who like to go out for runs….the stronger and more mobile you are the more force you exude into the ground with every stride and the more pull and push your arms create, and the better your body absorbs and handle to pounding that each steps puts back into your body.
- Men or Women concerned about “Getting Bulky”.That will not happen unless you lifts weights for years and years, eat ALOT of food and take supplements all with the singular goal of getting huge.
What this cycle will do is promote a lean, strong physique able to handle the rigors of daily training and daily life and leave your friends wondering how you look THAT GOOD.
2017 06 02